A Montessori Heart

"One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child itself." Maria Montessori

1.04.2009

Post Numero Uno

Dear Cyber Reader,

This little "blog" was born first as a cry for help and second as a place to rest my unwieldy enthusiasm for the Montessori method.

Since October I've been taking training classes and volunteering at a local Montessori school while making ends meet by peddling venti no foam nonfat lattes to the suited VIPS of Dallas.
Its not that I hate Starbucks, its just that I don't think "I'm going places" there. More than anything its about as opposite to the Montessori method as you can get.
But, they give me money twice a month and I can't fault them for that.

Anyway-- I've just been offered my very first teaching position (starting in May) and I'm just over the moon. But I imagine that it'll be a trying year and that I'll learn a lot by my mistakes. I look forward to sharing stories and getting advice from other montessorians; I hope that through the wonderful world of blogging I'll be a even better teacher.

Also, my husband (of 1.5 months thank you very much) told me that someday I ought to publish my Montessori story. And so with that in mind, this blog will work nicely for recording my research and chipping away at that prize-winning novel.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment